Every step you take is another step closer to eliminating breast cancer.
Everyone is invited and encouraged to join a team, form a team, support a team, volunteer or cheer on others on October 19th at the annual Making Strides of Central Park, NYC. We all know that walking and running are great cardiovascular exercises that are beneficial to your health, but when you do it for a cause you are also helping so many others. It’s time to get motivated and get involved.
Making Strides of Central Park is a 5-mile non-competitive walk in Central Park to raise funds for further research, to provide information and services, and to make mammograms accessible to those who need them. Take a proactive approach in the fight to end breast cancer and make every step count!
Making Strides of Central Park, NYC
Central Park 72nd Street Bandshell
Sunday, October 19, 2014
Get the Facts About Breast Cancer
- It's the most common cancer among women
- It's the 2nd leading cause of cancer death in women
- Women have a 1 in 8 risk of being diagnosed with breast cancer during their life
- The death rates due to breast cancer have been on the decline. The decline has been attributed to improvements in breast cancer treatment and early detection.
- The earlier breast cancer is found, the better.
- Over the past 20 years, the American Cancer Society has helped over 4 million women get breast cancer screening tests.
- There are over 2.9 million breast cancer survivors in the U.S.
Join the millions of participants and volunteers across the nation that are helping individuals currently fighting breast cancer and working to create a future without the disease.
The Manhattan Club hopes that the 2014 Making Strides of Central Park, NYC walk will be a huge success in raising funds and awareness!