The best restaurants in NYC are preparing to serve up the first-class food that has made Summer Restaurant Week a fabulous, can’t-miss event since 1992
Summer Restaurant Week in NYC is almost here! This semi-annual event is a celebration of our city’s love of food. With the best restaurants in NYC preparing prix-fixe menus, and at an affordable price for both lunch ($26) and dinner ($42), New Yorkers and visitors alike eagerly anticipate when this NYC summer event “goes live” in July.
Although Summer Restaurant Week in NYC doesn’t officially begin until July 23rd (through August 17th) reservations can start to be made as early as July 9th at more than 350 participating restaurants.
So the question has to be, how do you choose from so many? Do you try the menu of a trendy newcomer or stick with one of your tried and true favorites? It's a wonderful chance to experiment, enjoy lots of delicious food, and make the most of all that our city chefs have to offer. But, how can you adequately prepare for your Summer Restaurant Week in NYC experience if the list of participants has yet to be announced? Fortunately, The NYC Insider Guide has given us plenty of great tips to make sure that everyone enjoys this “week” long celebration.
- Most restaurants do not participate during the weekends, so it's best not to expect a Saturday night prime time table during Restaurant Week.
- Monday to Wednesday reservations tend to be easier to get than those for Thursday and Friday.
- When making a reservation, be sure to check the dates and mention you are booking for Restaurant Week.
- When being seated, ask for the Restaurant Week menu.
- Review the menu in advance, as there are usually fewer choices on the RW menu than normal. If you have eating restrictions, you may be limited.
While you're having fun reviewing menus and planning where to eat in New York City, why not start thinking about where to stay? We'd love to have you here - located in the heart of Midtown, The Manhattan Club would be your perfect home-base for your Summer Restaurant Week in NYC.